In the same vein of Classroom For Cameroon, I hereby introduce Campus For Cameroon and Community For Cameroon. I hope through the power of community, I can spread the third goal of Peace Corps: Helping promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of Americans. And through the power of group effort, the Books For Cameroon project will become a reality.
- Who? Community & campus groups around the USA! (girls scouts, boy scouts, rotary clubs, church groups, etc.)
- What? An opportunity for community and campus organizations with a service component to learn about Cameroon and life in the Peace Corps. Members are encouraged to organize presentations for the community to inform other U.S. citizens of life abroad as a Peace Corps volunteer and the country of Cameroon. In addition, organizations are encouraged to organize fundraising events to help make the Books For Cameroon project a reality.
- Where? Across the USA and beyond!
- When? The months of September & October, 2009
- How? Organizations can host presentations to discuss the Books For Cameroon project, the Peace Corps and life in Cameroon. Campus groups are encouraged to working with local Peace Corps recruiter to inform the university community about opportunities in the Peace Corps. Scout troops can use this opportunity for members to earn badges. Organizations who raise over $500 will be mentioned in the press release at the conclusion of this project.
Some Fundraising Ideas
– Lemonade stands
– Bake sales
– Car wash
– Local restaurant night (donation are tax deductible!)
– Change jars (Penny War)
– Benefit concerts (local bands/student groups)
Please feel free to leave comments of any other fundraising ideas!